Saturday, June 11, 2005

Friday

Yesterday was the hardest NICU day I've hard so far. Not because of Faith - she's still doing awesome and gained even more weight- she even went into a big girl bed ( a crib) yesterday.
The baby next to Faith, Emma Grace, died at 2pm yesterday. I can't even tell you wha all was running through my head. I hardly put Faith down at all. Emma was born very sick on Friday morning and I knew it was coming, but that didn't make it any easier. I just sat in our little room and listened to them next door ( all babies have rooms with curtins that close, but the walls don't go all the way up - they stop 3 feet shy of the celing) and cried. Needless to say, I'm very thankful for our healthy daughter's. They may come out a little under cooked, but they always catch up.

3 comments:

k said...

God, that must have been awful. I'm so glad Faith is doing well. Hold onto her tight...

bigbadblondie said...

I can only imagine what that must have been like, especially with her having been named Emma. I guess there is another little one up there to play with our girls. XOXO C

notyourtypicalsouthernbelle said...

How sad. That has got to be one of the hardest things to deal with, ever. I am glad your daughters are doing well.