Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The adult won AGAIN

Yesterday was shitty. Around 11am Faith's heart monitor kept going off. It said her BPM was 264 - Close to a baby heart attack. So of course I freak out and call the Dr's office and they say to bring her in right away. They also said she would probably get admitted into Children's again. So, I hurry and call into work, call my mom and Randy, and take off.

Long story short - Her monitor is a piece of shit and I can't wait until it's gone. She's fine. All 8 pounds and 14 ounces of her- just a little over newborn size. Yippy!!!

AND it wasn't her regular Dr. It was a 29 yr old HOTTIE. When we were leaving, Randy said he was really nice. I said " Yeah, nice looking!"
He asked if I was going to start taking the kids to the Dr's office more now(Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy).
Nah, I hate the co-pay. Even if Dr. Hottie is GORGEOUS and SINGLE.

So, on my way home I called work and told them I would be in. Now if I wasn't mature I would have just said fuck it and spent the night at home . But I didn't.

Have I mentioned I hate being an adult?
It SUCKS ASS

5 comments:

grody jo-dee said...

thank God she was okay though...and maybe you need a calgon moment when you get home :)

Mel said...

Girl, sometimes even grown ups have to be immature. You should stayed home.

Glad the baby's okay. She's so adorable.

Webmiztris said...

I agree - being responsible DOES suck. I need to start going out drinking on schoool, er, WORK nights or something. ;)

Kirsten said...

I am so happy that Faith is ok! you almost gave ME a heart attack there for a sec!

SuzanH said...

Glad Faith is o.k.--that must have been so scary.

And I'm impressed with your adult-ness. I would have stayed home.