Monday, August 22, 2005

And now I know............

Ok, so exactly how illegal is it to sell a 2 yr old on eBay?

I mean, are we talking 1-2 yrs in the big house or a fine and a slap on the wrist?

Because seriously, my 2 yr old is testing me. Her most FAVORITE thing in the whole wide world to do the last month, is to take HUGE sips off her sippy cup......Then spit it out all over the carpet, the cat, the entertainment center, OR her sister. I have no idea what to do with her. Time out doesn't work. She'll scream and kick her bedroom door and rip wallpaper off the wall. We'll take away her Macy, the monkey that she loves above anything else. That just makes her scream and kick even more.

Today, after already being in time out twice for spitting, I caught her spitting out milk on the carpet. Then I watch as her kitten went and tried to eat the carpet.

I know know why some animals eat their young.

And I understand.

Another good form of Birth Control- A 2 yr old

THEN as I was getting ready for work Randy told her to get out of the bathroom. She literally got right outside the door and sat down.

Have I mentioned how screwed I am when she becomes a teenager?

7 comments:

WLH said...

Duct tape and a closet work wonders, if that doesn't work use lengths of hose filled with sand. Why do you think my son listens to me but not his mother.....

SuzanH said...

Oh, man. I feel for you. I hate the testing and the pushing. It never seems to end.

Kurt said...

our youngest was like that. she would throw huge fits. mostly we ignored her ( THAT was not easy) and she would collapse into sleep. We'd find her all over the house, passed out on the floor.
She still has a temper (she's 17). We still ignore her when she gets that way. It is much lessened now and probably is more to do with PMS and raging teenage hormones than anything else. And she's a sweet girl...

MadHotMama said...

Wait until she turns three!!! JK, i told you I will trade you for a couple of days. If not, you know I am always here when you need relief.

Southern Lady said...

Hehehe I say take a rope and tie her to a tree and leave her! I say this in all love and honesty because I have three children and I threaten them with that! Thank goodness the terrible-two stage is overwith with me! Good luck...oh and great blog!

inandoutspoken's MOMMY BRAIN LEFTOVERS! said...

Been there, done that, have the locks turned around on their doors to prove it.... and I actually just last week told my twins that mothers in the wild DO eat their young. As for the spitting? She knows she's pissing ya off so she's gonna keep doing it. Just tell her since she can't keep her juice / water / milk in her mouth, that she can only drink while she is sitting in her chair at the table so it is easier for HER to clean up (if she's an old enough 2 year old to rub a towel around). And hang in there. Enjoy the 12 week older and dream of when the 2 year old was complacent, too... (BTW - found you via Mel's blog)

Corrie said...

it's the red hair...