Saturday, August 13, 2005

A Case of the EX

After all the talk about the men I hoped to dream of I ended dreaming of my Ex.

Yeah.....................

It wasn't like the Lazy Town dream a few days ago. In this dream he had just broke up with my co-worker and we went over to his house so she could yell at him.

It was all very strange.


Whats the strangest thing of all - I dream about him at least once a month. WTF?????
We dated from the time I was 18 until I was 22. We were even engaged. But you know how the story goes - things change, people change, feelings change. I supposed it didn't help that he was 7 yrs older than me. When we ended up being done for good I was devastated.
Seriously.
It wasn't really on a good note, but what break-up is?
He was all I knew. I couldn't see my life without him, but at the same time I couldn't see us building a life together. We were just to different.
Life got pretty rough there for a while. His new girlfriend moved in right away and within months and then they got married.

But I ended up where I supposed to be.
And for that I will always be thankful. But why the hell do I dream about him? It's not like I'm in love with him anymore. Has anyone else ever had that happen?

I don't get it.

So L, wherever you are I hope your life is good and I wish you the best.
Thanks for everything.


Song of the day:
"Cool"
Gwen Stefani

5 comments:

Jack's Raging Mommy said...

Completely off topic, but you work at West? (Site Meters are scary things)
I worked at West before I had Jack. I was at the Maple location. Curious.

k said...

Yeah, also completely off the topic, but "Cool" by Gwen Stefani?

cmhl said...

great post.. I dream of a significant ex quite often as well. I too would just like to know that things are going well for him, and I would like to know if he still thinks about me occasionally. or would i?

Glenna said...

I love the new look! I had to check and make sure all was well. I got a good laugh and it really made me miss you. :)

Amy's Working said...

the worst is when you wake up from a vivid sex dream with the old bf and have that moment of panic that you've been cheating, but you haven't, and you have to roll over to see who really is in bed beside you. Thank GOD i don't talk in my sleep!