Monday, August 08, 2005

I'm losing it.

I don't own a scale. There is a good reason - I drive myself crazy weighing myself all the time. So, now that I'm doing WW again I only weigh myself when I'm at the grocery store. They have one of those scales that gives you the print out and tells you how many calories you need and what your ideal weight is.
So I weighed myself and I lost like 8 pounds(Please don't make a big deal out of it - I have a lot more to go and this is just the beginning).

Randy was standing right there and as soon as I stepped off the stupid thing he started hugging me and saying " Good job, honey. Way to go" while patting my back. Sound familiar?
It sounds like potty training talk to me.

I said"Jesus, Randy I didn't learn to piss in the toilet. I just lost a little weight"

The lady behind me laughed so hard she had to sit down.

I'm glad people find me amusing.
Someday I'm going to be a stand up Comic.

4 comments:

k said...

8 lbs.

Crap.

It takes me 3 months to lose 8 lbs.

Good job. You have lost the equivalent of a newborn. Or, in Grace & Faith's case, 2 newborns.

Impressive.

Milenka said...

But can't I *please* make a big deal of it? Seriously, dude, 8 pounds is great! I'm very proud of you! :-)

cursingmama said...

Yep, sounds like potty training talk to me - but potty training is a big deal just like losing 8lbs. I've been working on 8lbs FOR A YEAR (did ya note the bitterness?)

Queenie said...

WW is great, it worked for me a long time ago, lost 25 lbs. - I should probably get back to it but what's the point when I refuse to give up the alcohol????

Congrats on the 8 lbs., that's great.