Thursday, August 25, 2005

More Letters

Dear Emma,
I just want you to know that I think of you all the time. I know that you're doing well in heaven and keeping your Pa on his toes. We're doing good on this end too. Your sisters keep us busy.
I was talking to Sandi a few weeks ago and she said that she thought that when she got pregnant again she wouldn't think about the baby that she lost. That's not the way it works. I thought about you all though my pregnancy with Faith. I think that it's more than a coincidence that your due date was the 1st time we saw Faith's little heartbeat on that same screen where we learned your heart had stopped a few months before. And although Faith was 9 weeks early, she was born exactly a year from when we lost you. It's funny how it all works out. I read once that when a baby dies before it should that it's a lost soul and just needs to be loved and wanted before it goes to heaven. You were every much loved and wanted. That helps me a little.
Know that we still love you more than life and we will always miss you. I don't try to make sense out of God's plan, but I that there must be a reason.
I love you,
Mommy



Dear Grace,
My oldest daughter, you test me everyday and keep me on my toes, but I love you with everything I am. You are my mini-me in every way. Even a smartass. I'm doing the best I can so forgive me if I screw up along the way. This Mommy thing is harder than I thought it would be. When I tell you no it's for a good reason, remember that. I'll even forgive you for grinding my favorite lipstick into the cream colored carpet this morning.
I love you,
Mommy


Dear Faith,
My baby, you are almost 13 weeks old. I watched you grow so much over that time that I can't help but cry when I see how well you're doing. You are my last baby, so forgive me if I hold or kiss you too much. I can't help it. Once you get a little older you'll be able to get away from me just like Grace does. It won't hurt my feelings, but for now you are mine. I'm sorry that I like to play dress-up with you so much. Again, your sister will teach you how to put an end to that in a yr or so. Thank you for coming to us. Eventhough you were early, you were right on time.
I love you,
Mommy



Dear Asshats at NickJr.& Noggin,
Knock it off. You know what I'm talking about.
Love,
The pissed off Woman in Iowa

2 comments:

SuzanH said...

Great letters. You really show how much you love your daughters.

And you told the asshats at NickJr. & Nogging a thing or two.

Manic Mom said...

Beautiful letters. How old was Emma when she died? My very close friend lost a daughter when she was 38 weeks pregnant. I'm sorry.