Saturday, October 08, 2005

Maybe next time, Nicky

Guess who is coming to town?
Besides Santa Clause, you smartasses.............

Nicholas Sparks, my most favoritest author in the whole wide universe.
Yes, I read - shut up.
Some of you might know him for some of his books that have been turned into movies, like
The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and Message in a Bottle

Now, don't get me wrong - the movies are good.
Great, even.
BUT the books are SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!
Really, they are.
(FYI- anybody who liked the movie The Notebook really should read the book because the ending is different)

If I had to pick a fav, it would be either
The Wedding, which is actually the follow up to The Notebook, or The Rescue.

Anyway, there is a luncheon next Friday where he will be speaking. Tickets are $50.00.

$35.00 of which is tax deductible.

Guess who can't go?
Thats right - ME.
You guys are so smart.

So, If I love this man's books so much, why can't I go?
Let me tell you why.
Because Council Bluffs, Iowa sucks my ass!
We have new Red light camera's.
I got 2 tickets WITHIN A MINUTE OF EACHOTER!!!!!!
In my husband's car ( hehehehe).
It doens't go against your driving record, but you get to pay a fine.
I was caught going though a yellow that turned red when I was almost though the intersection.
Fine.
I"ll take that one for the team. I did go through a yellow.
What-the-fuck-ever.
THEN I was ticketed for failure to use turn signal. Which is funny because they send you the ticket in the mail with a picture of what you did to get the ticket and I was in the same lane in both pictures for that ticket. I WAS NOT CHANGING LANES OR TURNING!!!!!!!!!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
I thought about actually fighting that one, but you still have to pay a $50.00 court fee.
I might as well save myself the time and pay the $65.00 ticket.

So add it up:
$65.00 + $65.00 = It sucks to be me and see ya next time 'round, Nicky.

I'm living on a buget and I just blew my spending money.
:o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( :0(

Have I ever mentioned I can't wait to move back to Omaha?


7 comments:

MadHotMama said...

I was gonna tell you he was gonna be in town, but 1) I figured you already knew and 2) I remembered about the tickets. BTW, I posted, so get off my back =)

sarcastic journalist said...

man, that sucks! Dave Barry is coming to town and it costs too much money to go. Don't these authors realize that WE NEED TO SEE THEM???

notyourtypicalsouthernbelle said...

Wow, that really sucks! I can't believe they ticketed you for the turn signal when you weren't turing or merging....that kind of incompetence is scary!

grody jo-dee said...

how obnoxious is that?? a picture of what you did in the mail...that's a new one. and of course, i'm sure they're never wrong.

WLH said...

Ha Ha Ha You should learn how to drive.... Council Tuckey sucks the hair off my rectum.....

Patsy Darling said...

That's stupid if you fight it and win you still have to pay them for their mistake. What a joke.

Mel said...

Oh man that sucks!! I love Nicholas Sparks too. I still haven't read The Notebook yet, but that movie tore me apart. I need to go read it. Sorry you can't go! That's one of my fav things to do. Get my favorite authors to autograph books.