Friday, January 20, 2006

Pennies well spent.

When Faith was in the NICU at Childrens Hospital in Omaha, Randy, Grace, and I would have lunch together everyday in the cafeteria. The NICU had a rule that siblings could not come back and visit the babies unless they were at least 3 years old and potty trained.
Grace was none of the above.
So, the daily routine was this : I woke up @ 4:45am, took a shower and left the house by 5:30am to be to the Hospital for Faith's 6am feeding. I would stay there until 11:30am and then Randy and Grace would come up for lunch and then Randy and I would switch. He would come home around 5pm then I would go back up for the 9pm feeding.
Now, when you're spending that much time in the hospital you find things to do.
We liked to stop in the lobby and visit the indoor stream. Grace would throw handfuls of pennies in there all the time.
I read this today and it made me happy that those pennies were going to something good.

3 comments:

Firebrand said...

That's so awesome! :)

Nickie said...

Hey just thought I'd let you know that my blog was moved. I know you were linking to me before, so here I am with the new link: http://eighty-one.blogspot.com

My old blog was called Forensic ;)

grody jo-dee said...

isn't it strange how every moment and thing you did when your child was hospitalized is burned into your memory? both my babies had NICU stays...it's hard. glad that turned out to be a great memory and good cause.