Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I know, I know.........

Not dead, just busy.
We went to Texas for Easter and stayed longer than we planned. I couldn't get into my Bloggger account for 2 weeks so sorry I left you all hanging :o)

Texas was wonderful. HOT, but wonderful. I cut off my hair and had a " incident" with a tanning bed. Note to self: 10 minutes is no good when you are the color a mayonnaise. Next time go for 5. You won't look like a lobster and peel like a lizard afterwards.....
We were just as busy there as we are here, which I totally don't understand. We didn't even get a chance to call Randy's cousin- more- like-his-sister when we were there.
So I guess we just have to go back again.

I missed spending time with my brother while he was here in town.
He bought a bike so my Dad bought a Harley.
Seriously.
My brother's 25th Birthday was 2 days ago- Happy Belated Birthday, I love you.
His Birthday is also National New Kids on the Block day( Donnie was my fav). I know he's always so excited when I bring that up
My Aunt had a fundraiser for the Mary Madeline Project that I wasn't able to post about.
Let's see...What else????
OH!!! I got a kick ass job with a hospital/organization that I've been trying to get on with since I was 21, so that's really cool. I start Monday. WOOOOOHOOOOO!

We listened to the book Undead and Unreturnable on the way to Texas. I never laughed so hard in my life. Became addicted and had to go out and get all the other Undead books in the series. See, the boys in my family buy bikes - I, on the otherhand, buy books. I've read 3 books in 2 days. I forgot how much I loved reading!!!

So, life is back to normal (somewhat) now. Now, that I no longer have my nose stuck in a book I have to try get caught up on laundry and get my house in order before I go back to work full time.

Soooo, how are you guys????

5 comments:

SuzanH said...

Congratulations on your job! That is so exciting!

I haven't read any of MaryJanice Davidson's Undead books, but I'm going to have to start now. I'm with you on books. I worked at a bookstore, and there were days when I spent WAY more than I earned.

WLH said...

Hey Sis just wanted to let you know I love you too!!!! I will be home again around Jamies B-day, we will be having a B-day / house warming party then as well so do me a favor and don't run off to Texas this time :)

MarkD60 said...

Sorry about the taning bed incident. 10 minutes? wow, delicate skin.
Glad you have a job you love.

Milenka said...

Congrats on the job! :-)

Donnie was my favorite, too. I even named my female puppy Donnie back in the 5th grade.

I love the Undead books. Great stuff.

Kurt said...

my neck hurts from being on the couch reading the Da Vinci Code this weekend. very cool story. i have no idea how it could effect anyone's faith. it's fiction people!
great news on the job!