Monday, May 29, 2006

A year ago today....

I woke up around 5am STARVING!
I knew that they wouldn't bring my breakfast tray until 8am, so I ate a Heath Bar.
I was bored.
They came in and took blood around 7am and I started watching Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends.
Like I said, I was bored.
Finally my ham, egg and cheese omelet arrived.
It was good, too.
So, there I was enjoying my breakfast and watching cartoons when the team of High Risk OB Doctors walked in.
" Annie, STOP EATING! You're having this baby today. You platetes took a big drop over night and we need to get you delivered. "

At 31 weeks, HELLP Syndrome had won.
Bastard.
The next hour and a half are kinda a blur.
I called Randy, my sister in law, my parents, and Randy's mom who had left Texas the day before and was on her way.

I was taken to the operating room, which was as cold as a meat locker and given a spinal block, and then strapped down to the table.
Randy finally arrived.

The c-section started.
Yeah, it sucked. The spinal block was no better than the epidural I had with Grace
They had to fish her out because she was still pretty high and really little.
The NICU team was there waiting.


And then I heard my sweet baby cry.
She was able to breath on her own.

I was quickly shown one of the most beautiful creatures to ever come into this world.
I told her how much I loved her and how we had been waiting for her for a long time.


Cynthia Faith

No comments: