Monday, January 08, 2007

Gettin' all grown up

Hello. I'm alive.
I just haven't had the time to write.
I hope everyone had a good Christmas.
We went to Texas, and as always, it was hard to come home and get back into a routine.
I mean, who has an easy time going back to work after 2 GLORIOUS weeks off?
I thought about calling and saying that I had the bird flu, or malaria. Maybe both. But I chose the grown up, doing the right thing path.
So here I am.
The 1st week back was a killer!
I forgot how nice it was to go to bed at a "normal" time.
Most nights I was fast asleep by 10pm while on vacation.
10pm rolls around these days, and I'm chillin' at work.
Ahhhhhh. Some day I will be on a normal sleep pattern again.
That day just isn't coming anytime soon.
I guess it's a good thing I like my job.

So, since this is my first post of 2007, let talk about resolutions.
Did you make any?
I could say that I made the same resolutions that I do every year: Lose weight, quit smoking, stop being a hooker on my off days....
But I won't.
This year I kept it simple:
1. Just be happy
2. Pay it forward.

That's all.
Sounds like simple enough tasks, right?
Maybe.
I started new meds on Friday.
Know what?
I feel better.

Amazing what GOOOOOOOOD sleep can do for a person.
When I feel good, I'm a better person.
I still need to lose weight and quit smoking, but that will come.
I'm trying to enjoy life more, and not get caught up in the little things.

I also have energy for the first time without the help of caffeine pills ( well, at least not 9 a day)

Life is good my friends.
Life is good.

My husband is even talking about babies!
WOOOOOOHOOOOO!
They aren't in the near future, we are being extra careful, but it's nice to plan ahead right?
2008 isn't that far away.
And HOLY SHIT, did you guys know that my babies are gonna be 4 and 2 in the spring?!?!??!?!
Where does the time go?
First we have to decide what the hell we're doing- staying here or moving to Texas.
We NEED a bigger house and a soccer mom van ( yeah, might be dropping the Not from notasoccermom).
I drove my MIL mini van in Texas.
Must say I was loving it.

I feel like such a grown up. Talking about going to bed before 10pm and driving a mini van.
Didn't even drop an F bomb....................
Well, FUCK

Can't go too overboard

Annie out

1 comment:

Corrie said...

I am so not giving up being a hooker for the new year, how do you think I pay for the minivan?