Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I tear my heart open..I sew myself shut. My weakness is that I care too much...

The Concert was awesome! Traffic however, not so much.
The amphitheater where it was held is about 15 minutes away from my house.
We left here at 2
Got there at 5:45 - Missing Fuel, and most of BuckCherry.
Fucking traffic.
Anyways, So Papa Roach came on and sang Broken Home and I started to tear up.
Get ready for a story:
When I was in High School I took Pottery my Sr. yr. It happened that the most popular guy in our class, Jaron, did too. We became quick friends and I always enjoyed hanging out with him. He was just one of those people that was easy to like. We would talk about going to parties and drinking kool-aide ( neither of us drank back then) Crazy random conversations that only we could pull off.
On my 22nd Birthday it just so happened that he was at the same bar as I was. We hung out, laughing about the kool-aide we used to drink, drinking our beers...singing karaoke ( Ran by Randy,and his 2 friends Justin and Brian).
Jaron was becoming obnoxious, and kept asking to sing Broken Home, which they didn't even have.
Anyways, long story short, Jaron fell asleep on his way home, crashed into a culvert, and died that night.
Broken Home will always be his song in my eyes.

It's funny how a song can bring up so many emotions. I have my own list that brings me to tears:
In my Daughters Eyes - because of my kids.

Broken- Because of Emma, the daughter we lost. I hope she didn't feel any pain.

Family Portrait - Because when I was young I used to pray that my parents would just get divorced and be done with the fighting- For my sanity and my brothers sake.


I'm sure I have more I just can't think of them right now.

What about you guys?

1 comment:

MadHotMama said...

My Wish--Rascall Flatts for Xman
Patience, GNR--Bill